Tile cleaning and maintenance is easy. Should you have any queries or problems, please call us for assistance.
· Glazed tiles simply need to be wiped with a damp cloth or sponge to maintain their shine.
· Do not use abrasive cleaners.
· Soap should also not be used as it leaves a film on the tiles that dulls the lustre and promotes the growth of mildew in damp areas.
· Any cleaning solution should always be thoroughly rinsed off with clean water.
· Glazed tiles require no polishing or buffing to maintain their finish. The only exception may be terracotta or quarry tiles which could be oiled, waxed or sealed.
· Soiled grout can be cleaned with a plastic bristle brush. Do not use steel wool as minute particles remain behind and rust in the surface of the grout, producing unsightly stains.
· Shower areas require a weekly thorough cleaning to remove hard-water deposits, soap scum and traces of bath oils.
· Showers should also be well ventilated in order for them to dry out thoroughly to prevent the growth of mildew on walls and floors.
· Mildew can further be controlled by spraying or wiping the mildew down with mild household bleach.
· Unglazed floor tiles and terracotta tiles can be cleaned with the same solutions used for glazed tiles above.
· Do not use powdered cleaners as undissolved powder penetrates the pores and dulls the tiles.
· Sealers are recommended on unglazed tiles.
· Where required in residential situations, the manufacturer’s instructions should be followed.
· With normal use, sealers usually do not last longer than three or four years and re-sealing may be required.
Nu-Tile Shop. Offering best value on ceramic wall and floor tiles in Stanger, Ballito and the North Coast.
Visa & Master Cards Welcome